The recipient of this award will personify the commitment to serve and protect the citizens of Wisconsin from the health risks posed by the environment in which we live. The Award recognizes an individual for outstanding contributions to environmental public health and dedication to the profession.
WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED
- Any person that has made an impact on environmental public health and/or has demonstrated dedication to the profession.
- The candidate does not have to be a member of WEHA.
- Achievements can span over the entire profession.
- If a nominee has not been successful in being awarded the Environmental Health Professional of the Year previously, it is recommended to re-nominate the candidate.
WHO CAN NOMINATE
- Any person can nominate a person for the award.
- The nomination does not have to come from a member of WEHA.
- The individual contribution to environmental public health and/or dedication to the profession must be clearly evident.
- One award is given each year.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN COMPLETING THE NOMINATION
- Active involvement and contributions in WEHA.
- Contributions to the betterment of environmental and public health.
- Individual achievements - special work above an beyond usual employment requirements.
- Outstanding accomplishments - unique work conducted to promote the profession.
TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION
- Complete the short nomination form.
- Submit the application by August, 24, 2018.
- Nominations received after the deadline date will not be accepted for review.