WEHA is the largest independent Environmental Health organization in the state of Wisconsin. As a group we promote and advocate for what we believe to impact public health in a positive and sustainable manner. WEHA encourages anyone who has an interest in environmental and public health to become a member. Currently the membership of WEHA consist of professionals in the public, private and academic sector throughout Wisconsin, as well as students that are working toward a degree in public health, environmental health or a related field.
Types of Membership:
- New Active ($50) - available to those employed in the field of Environmental Health or related activities.
- Renewed Active ($40) - available to existing WEHA members.
- Student ($0) - available to full-time students working towards a degree in public health, environmental health or a related academic discipline. Student membership does not include voting privileges.
- Retired ($0) - an active member upon retirement or has retired due to disability.
Benefits of a WEHA Membership:
- Opportunities to receive stipends to attend WEHA or NEHA Conferences
- Ability to obtain continuing education credits by attending WEHA or NEHA Conferences
- Reduced registration costs for WEHA sponsored events
- Promotion and review of environmental health legislation and regulation
- Network with other environmental and public health professionals
WEHA membership is for one calendar year. New membership cost is $50.00. Active members may renew their membership annually for $40.00. Renewing memberships are can be paid beginning January 1st 2018 and are due on or before January 31st 2018. Memberships may still be renewed until February 28th 2018 but will be assessed a $5.00 late fee. On March 1st 2018 any member that has not yet renewed their membership will be required to register as a new member and pay the full new member fee.
To become a new member, please go to the WEHA Membership Page (External Link).