WEHA is the largest independent Environmental Health organization in the state of Wisconsin. As a group we promote and advocate for what we believe to impact public health in a positive and sustainable manner. WEHA encourages anyone who has an interest in environmental and public health to become a member. Currently the membership of WEHA consist of professionals in the public, private and academic sector throughout Wisconsin, as well as students that are working toward a degree in public health, environmental health or a related field.
Types of Membership:
- New Active ($50) - available to those employed in the field of Environmental Health or related activities.
- Renewed Active ($40) - available to existing WEHA members.
- Student ($10) - available to full-time students working towards a degree in public health, environmental health or a related academic discipline. Student membership does not include voting privileges.
- Retired ($0) - an active member upon retirement or has retired due to disability.
Benefits of a WEHA Membership:
- Opportunities to receive stipends to attend WEHA or NEHA Conferences
- Ability to obtain continuing education credits by attending WEHA or NEHA Conferences
- Reduced registration costs for WEHA sponsored events
- Promotion and review of environmental health legislation and regulation
- Network with other environmental and public health professionals
WEHA membership is for one calendar year. New membership cost is $50.00. Active members may renew their membership annually for $40.00. Renewing memberships are paid beginning January 1st 2018 and are due on or before January 31st 2018. Memberships may still be renewed until February 28th 2018 but will be assessed a $5.00 late fee. On March 1st 2018 any member that has not yet renewed their membership will be required to register as a new member and pay the full new member fee.
To become a new member or renew your membership, please go to the WEHA Membership Page (External Link).